pay your water bill


Village of Massena Water Department

We are part of the Village of Massena Department of Public Works.

Contact Information

For all Water Account Inquiries:
phone 315-769-7052 ext. 230 (Lisa Tyo) or ext. 229 (Monique Chatland)
fax 315-769-0257
email ltyo@village.massena.ny.us or mchatland@village.massena.ny.us
address 60 Main Street, Town Hall, Rm 10, Massena, New York 13662


Current Rates

Click Here for Water Rate Table as of June 1, 2014

Click Here for Water Rate Table as of June 1, 2010

Click Here for Water Rate Table as of June 1, 2009

Click Here for Water Rate Table as of September 1, 2008

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view pdf files.


Rate Codes

FL Fire Line-Commercial
WA Metered Water - Village
NW Non-metered Water
CNW Non-metered Water Commerical
CV Commercial Water - Village
CFL Fire Line-Commercial
NS Non-metered Sewer - Village
S01 Metered Sewer - Village
SC Sewer Commercial - Village
SR Sewer User Fee - Village
CNS Non-metered Sewer-Commercial
SRC Sewer User - Commercial
D01 Dumpster Rental
GR1 Garbage - Village residential
GR2 Garbage - Laurel Terrace
GR3 Garbage - Grassmere Terrace
GR4 Garbage - Housing Authority
GR5 Garbage - Massena Memorial Hospital
GRC Garbage - Commmercial
CRF-WTP Improvements to Water treatment Plant
CR1 Rte 37B Project
CR2 Rte 37B Project
CRF-WTP Improvements to Water treatment Plant
C01 Commercial Water - East Massena
CE1 Commercial Water - Other
CMN Maintenance - Commercial
CP Capital Fees-nonmetered
CPC Capital Fees - Commercial- East Massena
CPE Dapital Debt - User
CPO Capital Debt-Old River Road
CPV Captial Debt - Vacant Lot
CWE Commercial Water - East Massena
CWN Non-metered Water - East Massena
CWT Metered water - Town Commercial
IND Metered Water - Industrial
INS Metered Water - Institutional
L01 Metered Water - Louisville
MN Mantenance - Other
MNE Maintenance - User
MNV Maintenance - Vacant Lot
NEW Non-metered Water - East Massena
RT Metered Water - Residential Town
RWE Residential Water - East Massena
RWT Residential Water - Town East
CES Metered sewer - East Commercial
CTS Town Sewer Commercial
ES Metered Sewer - East Massena
SPC Sewer Plant - Commercial Town
SPT Sewer Plant - Town
TS Metered Sewer - Town


Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where do I pay my water bill?
There are FOUR options available to you for payment of your water bills.

  • The easiest and most convenient is the drop box located to the right of the Town Hall steps. When using the box, make sure you are putting your payment into the Village box so that the posting of your payment will not be delayed. Payments put in the box on the due date will be credited with that days date and will not be considered a late payment. We recommend paying by check or money order when using this method pf payment. Anything put in the box after 8:00 A.M. the day after the due date will be assessed a late fee. This fee will not be removed.
  • OR Payments by mail can be sent to : Village of Massena, 60 Main Street, Room 10, Massena, NY 13662. We use the actual postmark on your envelope for payment purposes. This is a state regulation.
  • Automatic Debit Plan You can have your water bill automatically deducted from your checking account. You will still receive your regular bi-monthly or monthly bill and you will have at least 10 days to review your bill before your account will be debited.  This will be the same date for all of our customers by billing cycle. Please call the office at 769-7052 for more information or download the form with anwswers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on the following link: Automatic Debit Plan FORM
  • If you want to pay cash, water bills are payable in person at NBT Bank, 264 Main Street, Massena. Bank business hours are considered our business hours for payment purposes. The Bank cannot answer questions about your bills. See question 2 below.

NBT BANK Massena
264 Main Street
Massena, NY 13662
(315) 764-1112

Lobby Hours 8:00 - 5:00 Monday through Thursday
9:00 - 6:00 Friday
9:00 - 12:00 Saturday

PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE TOWN HALL OFFICE. Please use one of the four methods described above.

2. What if I have a question about my bill?
All billing questions should be directed to Laura Gagne or Lisa Tyo at 769-7052. You may also stop into the office at 60 Main Street, Room 10 with any inquiries.

3. Why did the meter reader leave a card?
Whenever there is a problem with your remote reader or meter, or for some other reason we were not able to get a meter reading, the meter reader will leave a card. Please follow through and call the D.P.W. at 769-6823 for an appointment so the problem can be fixed as soon as possible.

4. What if I want my water services turned on or off?
To have the water/sewer service shut off or turned back on at the curb please call the Department of Public Works at 769-6823. The property owner or a representative must be present when water is turned on or off. This is the only way to test the shut off at the curb to make sure it is working properly and that the water is really shut off. When water is turned back on, it is a check to make sure that there are no leaks in the house that could cause water damage or a large bill before the owner reoccupies.

Garbage charges can be discontinued under the following circumstances:

  • Owners of single-family homes may have garbage service temporarily discontinued for a a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 4 months by applying in writing. Owners may apply once per year. Application must be completed and returned to the Water Billing Department located at the Town Hall. Download the Garbage Discontinuance Form HERE
  • If you are a commercial account and require or want to contract with a private waste removal company
  • If you own an apartment house with more than five units you may discontinue village pickup and use a private waste removal company

5. Filling a swimming pool?
You may fill your pool with your garden hose. However there will not be any adjustment made for the metered sewer charge for that water.

6. What if I had a leak?
If you had a leak beyond the meter you have to pay for all charges incurred for the wasted water. No exceptions are made, as this would leave The Village responsible for maintenance of private property. If the bill is exceptionally high arrangements for a payment schedule may be made.

7. Can I pay ahead on my bill?
Yes you can. Just cross out the amount due on the bill and change it to the amount you are paying. Even though you are paying ahead, you will still receive a bill. Always check the amount due in the lower right hand corner of the bill to see if you still have a credit balance. A credit balance will be indicated by a small minus sign before the amount due.

8. Can I bill my tenants for their water bill?
The Water Department will always bill the property owner regardless of the situation. Because unpaid water/sewer/refuse becomes a lien on the actual parcel of property, the owner is always responsible for payment. Any arrangements made with a tenant are strictly between landlord and tenant. The Village cannot put the bill in a tenant’s name or mail them the bill.


Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2014

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2013

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2012

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2011

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2010

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2009

Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2008

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view pdf files.

Village of Massena Department of Public Works - 85 Robinson Road - Massena, NY 13662 - 315.769.6823 - dpw@massenaworks.com

Saturday, July 04, 2015
3:57 AM

Village of Massena



© 2005-2007 Village of Massena
free web tracker